This is a must try for anyone wanting to get serious about their meditation and a wonderful opportunity to investigate what meditation can really start to do for us in daily life. Those who have been self-taught also find benefit in learning in a structured way from an experienced teacher.
Open to beginners and experienced meditators alike.
Come and join us on this journey of self-discovery and transformation.
Type: Online Course
Start Date : Not scheduled for 2017
Duration : Runs for One year
Suitable For : Those who have been on retreat with us already.
Suggested Commitment : Meditating 4/5times a week if possible
Price: £350 ( or 10x £40 monthly subscription )
The course is delivered over the course of the year and will finish around Christmas time. The content of the programme will be published each week, made up of some or all of the following:
1. A guided meditation for the week with all the instructions you need.
2. Supplementary discourses explaining the techniques being taught
3. Supplementary discourses covering various adjunct aspects of meditation
4. Supplementary reading material from the Flavour of Liberation ( these chapters are provided as part of the course on the website).
You will be able to engage in whatever way suits you. Be it just learning from the guided instructions each week or exploring in more detail with all the supplementary material.
The meditations will begin at around 10 – 15 minutes and gradually work up to 30 – 35 minutes in the first 12 weeks. Beyond that the meditations will vary in length, lasting up to 40mins or more.
Our recommendation is that for best results to practice each meditation at least 4 – 5 times a week. It really is like going to the gym. The more regular your practice, the fitter your mind will become and the more you will feel the benefit from your efforts.
As with all our online courses, you will be supported every step of the way. You will have a login to a dedicated course website where you will access the material. You can also seek personal guidance from the teacher at any time through emails if you should need further clarification at any stage of the way.
We all take seriously the notion of physical fitness and we know the profound impact it has on our quality of life. But not many of us think about our mental fitness in the same way.
Our minds are the lens through which we experience every minute of every day. Improving your mental fitness will polish that lens, enhancing how you engage with, appreciate and live all those moments in your life.
For those who are willing to make the commitment to their wellbeing, this one year programme will help support your aspirations of living a more fulfilling and happy life.
The programme is open to those who have been on retreat with us before. Whether you have kept a steady practice at home going or need support getting going again, all are welcome to join.
It’s for anyone wanting to make the commitment to really start investigating what meditation can do for them and how it can enrich their daily lives.
We suggest that you try and come on retreat during the year if possible. This will help support your endeavours at home and will deepen the experience of your practice.
– We will practice different meditation techniques for building concentration (sustained attention), mindfulness and stillness meditation, all of which are aspects of serenity meditation and which form the basis of meditative stability when well established.
– Establish a deep connection to inner stillness.
– Discover the mechanics and energetics of meditation and how to quickly reorganise your mind into a coherent state.
– Learn how to develop and sustain positive mental attitudes and overcome negative conditioning.
– Explore the vast arena that is the field of meditation and experience how this simple process can begin a deep and profound journey of self-discovery.
This is the crystallisation of four years worth of experience in running online meditation courses and over twenty years worth of experience in running residential retreat across Europe. The Art of Meditation (AOM) are committed to improving the quality and content of their courses, and this year we hope that you will join us on this amazing journey.