This 16 week course is designed to help you systematically build a deep and stable home meditation practice. It investigates how to develop concentration, mindfulness and serenity / mental calm, before going onto investigate how we can use meditation to dig out and release the negative habit patterns of the mind and bad reactions in the memory.
Type: Online Course
Start Date : INSTANT ACCESS
Duration : 16 Week Course
Suitable For : Total Beginners and Experienced Meditators Alike
Suggested Commitment : Meditating 4/5times a week if possible
Price: £150 ( or 4x £40 monthly subscription )
Monthly Subscription (payment over 4 months)
The course is delivered in weekly lessons, the content of which will be made up of some or all of the following:
1. A guided meditation for the week with all the instructions you need.
2. Supplementary discourses explaining the techniques being taught
3. Supplementary discourses covering various adjunct aspects of meditation
4. Supplementary reading material from the Flavour of Liberation ( these chapters are provided as part of the course on the website).
You will be able to engage in whatever way suits you. Be it just learning from the guided instructions each week or exploring in more detail with all the supplementary material.
The meditations will begin at around 10 – 15 minutes and gradually work up to 30 – 35 minutes in the first 12 weeks. Beyond that the meditations will vary in length, building up to 40mins or more.
Our recommendation is that for best results to practice each meditation at least 4 – 5 times a week. It really is like going to the gym. The more regular your practice, the fitter your mind will become and the more you will feel the benefit from your efforts.
As with all our online courses, you will be supported every step of the way. You will have a login to a dedicated course website where you will access the material. You can also seek personal guidance from the teacher at any time through emails if you should need further clarification at any stage of the way.
We all take seriously the notion of physical fitness and we know the profound impact it has on our quality of life.
But not many of us think about our mental fitness in the same way.
Our minds are the lens through which we experience every minute of every day. Improving your mental fitness will polish that lens, enhancing how you engage with, appreciate and live all those moments in your life.
For those who are interested in looking deeper into how meditation can be of benefit to us in our daily lives, this course will help support your aspirations to start living a more fulfilling and happy life.
The programme is open to total beginners and to experienced meditators alike.
No previous experience is necessary to join this course. It will build up from basic A-B-C’s and lead you through to the deeper aspects of meditation.
– We will practice different meditation techniques for building concentration (sustained attention), mindfulness and stillness meditation, all of which are aspects of serenity meditation and which form the basis of meditative stability when well established.
– Establish a deep connection to inner stillness.
– Discover the mechanics and energetics of meditation and how to quickly reorganise your mind into a coherent state.
– Learn how to develop and sustain positive mental attitudes and overcome negative conditioning.
– Explore the vast arena that is the field of meditation and experience how this simple process can begin a deep and profound journey of self-discovery.
A variety of meditation practices will be used during this course. Initially starting off with an introduction to what Burgs calls the ‘stillness’ meditation, it moves on to develop meditation objects on the breath and the body. We will also cover the practice of loving kindness.
The course also introduces guidelines on ways in which we can support our meditation practice by living in accordance with the teachings, which will allow for making progress with your meditation. It also incorporates some introductory chi kung practice to refine and balance the body and nerve system.