This instant access 8 week course lays down the foundations for success with all aspects of meditation, investigating the principle techniques for building both serenity practice and mental fitness. With careful guidance from Burgs you will quickly learn to connect to a deep sense of inner stillness and from there go on to build your levels of concentration and mindfulness.
You can manage how quickly or slowly you take the course. Ideally we suggest that you take it one week at a time, but you may wish to go slower.
Type: Online Course
Start Date : INSTANT ACCESS
Duration : 8 Weeks
Suitable For : Beginners and those looking to hit the reset button
Suggested Commitment : 15-30 minute meditations, 4/5times a week
The course is broken down into 8 main lessons and will run over 8 weeks. The whole course is available to you immediately but we recommend you take each lesson each week.
1. a guided meditation for the week
2. supplementary discourses explaining the techniques being taught
3. supplementary discourses covering various aspects of meditation
4. supplementary reading material from the Flavour of Liberation ( these chapters are provided for as part of the course).
You will be able to engage in whatever way suits you. Be it just learning from the guided instructions each week or exploring in more detail with all the supplementary material.
The meditations will begin at around 10 – 15 minutes and gradually work up to 30 – 35 minutes.
Our recommendation is that for best results to practice at least 4 – 5 times a week. It really is like going to the gym. The more regular your practice, the fitter your mind will become.
As with all our online courses, you will be supported every step of the way. You will have a login to a dedicated course website where you can access the material. You can also seek personal guidance from the teacher at any time through emails if you should need further clarification at any stage of the way.
We all take seriously the notion of physical fitness and we know the profound impact it has on our quality of life.
But not many of us think about our mental fitness in the same way.
Our minds are the lens through which we experience every minute of every day. Improving your mental fitness will polish that lens, enhancing how you engage with, appreciate and live all those moments in your life.
This course is designed for those who are totally new to meditation or have some experience but want help in establishing a structured practice at home.
– We will practice different meditation techniques for building concentration (sustained attention), mindfulness and stillness meditation, all of which are aspects of serenity meditation and which form the basis of meditative stability when well established.
– Establish a deep connection to inner stillness.
– Discover the mechanics and energetics of meditation and how to quickly reorganise your mind into a coherent state.
– Learn how to develop and sustain positive mental attitudes and overcome negative conditioning.
The Stillness Programme is a great way for beginners to learn to meditate at home. Those who have been self-taught also find benefit in learning in a structured way from an experienced teacher.
The Art of Meditation offers residential meditation retreats in both the UK and France. Email us for more details.
The online course has taken my meditation to a whole new level, not just the practice but also my understanding of it. Burgs explains deep principles in an easy to follow way and I find his discourses both interesting and profound.